Friday, June 29, 2007

Fuoco di San Giovanni




On June 24th, Florence celebrated their patron Saint San Giovanni with a fireworks celebration. The event was scheduled to take place at 10:00 p.m.


I went to dinner with some friends, and afterwards we headed to the Arno to line the street and bridges to view the fireworks. The fireworks were being set in Piazzele Michelangelo, above the city, and it promised to be a beautiful display.


The streets were crowded with people and promptly at 10:00 p.m. (Much to my surprise), the street lamps went off, and the display began. Let me tell you something, the USA and the 4th of July barely holds a candle to this display! It lasted for 45 minutes, and I believe it was the best fireworks display that I have ever seen! Wow!


Did you notice the colors of the Italian flag.red, green, and white?

No comments: