Friday, June 1, 2007

The Jazz Club



Sometimes on Friday evenings Regine and I go out to dinner and then to a club called The Jazz Club. They have live jazz there and it is so much fun, but really surreal. The first time we went, there was a 3 piece trio with a Bass, Piano and Guitarist, who also sang. The selections they chose to play and called Jazz, I wouldn’t necessarily have classified in that way, but it was all American music, with a jazz feel and very good and enjoyable.


The last time we went, they were playing Blues, and the first song was The Thrill is Gone by BB King. They continued on with the blues which really threw me for a loop! Can you imagine how strange it is to be in Italy listening to an Italian sing "I’ve got my mojo working?" At one point, I was sure I had entered the twilight zone, but chalked it up to not drinking enough wine, and remedied the situation immediately!


The Jazz Club is not too far from my home, and the music usually starts at 11:00, and after a couple of bottles of wine, we are usually ready to call it a night by 1:30 or so. Clubs are open very late in Florence, and there are a lot of people out on the street at that time. Regine and I usually walk together to the Neptune and then part ways. A domani! Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.