Sunday, November 25, 2007

Saying Goodbye.....Arrivederci



















How do you say goodbye to a place where you feel you belong? Although I have decided to return to the U.S. I cannot say goodbye, only arriverderci, which translates to “we will see each other again”. I have walked the streets these last few weeks with a different purpose than I started. The intent was to memorize and breathe in and make everything a part of me. Little did I realize, that has already happened, and there is no taking it away.

My memories are well documented here in my blog (with a few extras written elsewhere for my eyes only!) I have photo upon photo of practically everything in Florence. Most of these are vividly engraved on my heart and in my mind. I am already planning a return “visit” and my long term plans are to retire in Italy, although maybe not in Florence.

This place holds the most special place in my heart. I took a big risk (several of them actually) to come here and live for a year. It was exhilarating, stimulating, frightening, and overwhelming, but oh the rewards. I could not have dreamed a dream this beautiful and impactful for anyone in their life. I am so thankful for everyone that helped me get here and for everyone who stayed in touch and showed their support, and visited, and cheered me on in my adventure. I hope that each of you get to experience something such as this, in your own way, in your lifetime.

As I leave, I will turn my heart towards the business at hand, which is the same as last year in many ways... Living somewhere else, and doing something different!

I return to the States on November 28th. Ce vediamo apresto! Ciao!

No comments: