Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Outside my Window


Every morning when I get up, I go into my kitchen and open the window. The window has shutters that cover from the inside, which keeps out the light and the noise, and then of course, glass. It is a large window and after I open it, I stand there for long periods of time just watching what is going on on the street. There are all kinds of city noises: street sweepers, horse drawn carriages, scooters, baby carriages and children, japanese tour groups, etc.


This morning, there was a huge traffic jam! La Polizzia were ticketing and having scooters towed that were parked illegally at the end of the street. It is difficult to describe the traffic flow in this area, but suffice it to say, that there really is not enough to be jammed. The road is so narrow that to get the tow truck in was a feat in itself that took about half and hour. Owners of the motorcycles ran out of the apartments shouting Italian curse words! The photo is of one the the motorcycles being taken away. I had never seen a tow truck specifically for motorcycles. Have you?

No comments: