Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Thelma and Louise


One of the best things about coming to Nashville is getting to see my family. I spent some time when I arrived with Mom and Dad, who have been more supportive and generous with their help than I deserve. Mom has had a full time job dealing with my mail, and a variety of other things that have "cropped" up since I have been here. I am so thankful for that.


The other big perk is seeing the other half of what is a very "dynamic duo". Connie and I are called "Thelma and Louise" by a variety of people who know us well. Sadly, I think it is a good description. We manage to bring out the best and the worst in each other....but more often the best, and only occasionally the worst. When we are together, we manage to go through a full range of emotions together and touch on every topic known to man. We don’t always agree, and we can have some pretty open discussions, that would embarrass most people. We also "wax philosophical" after the alcohol kicks in. Even though we talk on the phone almost every other day, being together is like fitting two pieces of a puzzle together, we just "click"


This time, I arrived at Connie’s after 3 hours of sleep the night before when I was at Nick’s show in Miami. We could barely take a breath with all the talking, crying, laughing and catching up we had to do. I did find the energy to prepare Connie’s favorite meal of grilled salmon, and to drink a bottle of wine. It’s true what they say, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Right Thelma?

No comments: