Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day


Italians don’t celebrate Mother’s Day, but I did! I had the most pleasant surprise on Saturday morning as I was getting ready to leave for Rome. My cell phone rang and it was a local number that I didn’t recognize. An Italian woman starting speaking to me in English about a delivery. As it turns out, she was trying to schedule a time to deliver flowers to me, and I could speak more Italian than she could English! That was a nice way to start the day!


We scheduled the delivery in an hour, and I packed a few things and jumped in the shower. I swear, wouldn’t you know it....the delivery came early! That doesn’t happen in Italy! I was in the shower when my doorbell rang. I had to rush out (dripping wet and hurrying on a tile floor is dangerous!), answer the doorbell, and get myself ready to meet the delivery man downstairs.

It all worked out and I received the most beautiful dozen red roses that I have ever seen from my sons! The stems on them are at least a yard long! I had no vase to put them in, so made do with a laundry bucket which I covered in the beautiful red paper and ribbon that the flowers were wrapped in. Hope all you other mother’s enjoyed the day!

No comments: