Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Things I Miss and Things I Don't




I cannot believe I have been here for 2 months! Yes, that's right! I arrived on March 2. Time is really flying by, and my apartment really feels like home now. I have a "routine", although I can change it whenever I want, but nothing is really routine here, and I am not taking a minute of it for granted!

Every now and then, people I meet, and folks from home ask me what I miss. Italy is not a third world country, so I can usually get most anything and everything that I can at home, except for a few things. Along with the things that I miss, there are the things that I don't miss, and am happy to be rid of, if even for a little while. Here is what I came up with:

Things I Miss

1. My cats
2. My family
3. My friends
4. Rumours wine bar
5. Mirror and Stephanie’s cucumber martini’s
6. Grey Goose Vodka
7. Grilling out
8. Eating Fish
9. Baseball
10. Massages
11. O Magazine
12. Oprah
13. Cheddar Cheese
14. Grey’s Anatomy-except that I download it from ITunes!

Things I Don’t Miss

1. Seeing/hearing anything about George Bush on TV/radio, etc.
2. Hearing about murders, rapes, robberies on the news
3. Driving
4. Malls
5. Dishwasher
6. Getting my nails done
7. Sports on TV
8. Reality shows
9. Newspapers
10. Getting mail (especially bills) But thanks for the postcards, packages, and cards that I have received!
11. Signs everywhere telling you what to do, not to do, how to act, etc.
12. Salad dressings other than Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
13. Ketchup

No comments: