Friday, August 31, 2007

Ancora Imprare (Still Learning)


It is amazing what we don’t know in life! It’s also amazing how much a person can learn given a different situation. When I think back over the past few months, it is overwhelming. Here are a few of the things I have learned in this process:

1. You get much less for your household goods than you paid for them.
2. Identifying "hot" real estate can make dreams come true.
3. If you tell people your dreams, they will help you make them come true
4. I have more wonderful and special friends that I ever realized
5. I have raised 2 strong, independent, wonderful sons.
6. My family is supportive in all the crazy things I do, even when they question them..
7. Music and books are 2 things I can’t live without
8. I don’t need a TV
9. I never needed most of the things that I bought.
10. Eating bread, cheese, and wine is a perfect diet.
11. Walking as transportation is wonderful.
12. Talking to strangers is rewarding
13. Speaking another language is difficult, but necessary in this world.
14, People are more alike than different all over the world.
15. Air conditioning is over rated
16. Art, architecture and music need to have a place in my life everyday.
17. Variety is the spice of life.
18. There are more friendly and nice people in the world than not.
19. Bad things happen to good people.
20. My cats are happier without me than I am without them
21. Italian culture is very interesting and very different than American culture.
22. The Italian language, and some Arabic, and some French, and some German.
23. More about Ramadan than I ever would have thought
24. I am actually a night owl

No comments: