Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sunsets



I think I am addicted to these beautiful sunsets here in Florence. Florence is known for it’s beautiful light and the colorful cast it sends to paint the landscape in a variety of colors that will take your breath away

.
Almost everyday, I head to the bridge at sundown to see the sunset. I sometimes sit there for hours. Many people gather to take photos, so it’s a good place to people watch. There is a local hang out nearby called Noir, which is also a wonderful place to grab a glass of wine and apertivo.

I might be accused of digitally enhancing these photos, but I assure you I have not. I know it is unbelievable.....but you should see it in person.


On this particular day, there had been summer showers and thunderstorms for most of the afternoon. It was raining when I left the house and went into the Center of town for a glass of wine. When I came out at 8:30, I saw the pink tinge of a cloud high in the sky, and raced to the bridge. Boy was it worth it!

No comments: